Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Hello August!

Goodbye July! Hello August! Time really flies by so fast. The next thing you'll know it'd already be 2009!

As usual, I'm always missing my hometown in Penang. *sigh* I miss my parents, my brothers, our fat Chihuahua and of course the food! Mom and dad looks like they have aged a bit and that really scares me. It really does. Makes me feel scared that I will regret not spending more time with them. It's like I have this permanent home-sick feeling. And I miss bickering and having fun with my two brothers. Nothing beats watching a movie or series at home in the living room with everyone. And not forgetting our oh-so-adorable Max the dog. He is so cute, naughty and entertaining! Doesn't he look WAY too proportionate for a Chihuahua?!














I love the food in Penang. Maybe it's because I'm already so used to the taste and the styles of the food there. There's so much variety and everytime I go back I feel like there's so many things to eat. So many things to eat, so little time! Among my favourites in Penang are the Hokkien Mee (known as Prawn Mee in KL), Fried Koay Kak, Fried Koay Teow, Cendol, Char Hor Fun, Char Yee Mee, Hokkien Char, Yong Tao Foo (it's slightly different in Penang, there offer a lot of piggie spare parts!), Jawa Mee, and many many more. Here's one of my favourites, the famous Penang Road Cendol. So yummylicious!!















Everytime I go back to Penang I wish that I could stay longer. Hopefully I can catch a trip back to Penang end of this month. :)

1 comment:

Reese Yeo said...

I also miss all the good food from Penang.