Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daughtry in One Utama!

Last Saturday, thanks to Doreen, we managed to catch the "Traffic Jam: Street Party" organized by Sony Ericsson in One Utama Cental Park Avenue. It was really awesome to see Daughtry "live". The performance is superbly outstanding. They even brought along their own sound engineers. Too bad I had no photos to show you because they didn't allow any cameras (except camera phones) so I had to register and put away my camera during the whole show.

There were other performers there as well. Daughtry was the main act and they saved the best to the last. It started with some percussive performers called the Aseana Percussion Unit (APU). Their repertoire was rather entertaining with many different styles and a lot of infusion of chinese, indian and ethnic sounds.

Daniel Lee also came to sing three songs. To me the best song performed was Mimpi. It was really good, greatly expressed and I can feel his confidence in this song. The other two songs was alright, but I think the music was a tad too loud because I couldn't really hear what he was singing.

There were also other local acts and a DJ session. I felt that the sessions before Daughtry were a bit too long. So long that by the time Daughtry came my enthusiam were a bit drowned out. But despite that I have no regrets for attending this concert. Daughtry is SO GOOD! Really awesome, man! I mean they can still sound like how they do in their CD recording. Amazing huh? I am really, really impressed! Not many performers can actually perform well "live". Some even needing to use auto-tuning in their performance to maintain their pitching. They played a lot of songs and even had some acoustic solo performances by Chris Daughtry himself. The crowd seems to be enjoying themselves a lot. They sang along to those familiar songs like It's Not Over, Over You, Feels Like Tonight, What I Want and many more.

Like I've mentioned earlier, I have no photos but I can share with you a few clips.

1 comment:

Kwik Kwik Kiwi said...

I lurve Daughtry too!!!! I sooooo want to go for his concert..but not THAT crazy to crash party :p
And yes, he is GOOD!!!!