Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

I went to catch Hellboy 2 the second time yesterday night. In case you were thinking, the first time was in Penang with my brothers. The sound system in Cathay Cineleisure is superb! By far the best in all the cinemas in KL and PJ! And the popcorn is so delicious, they're so generous with the caramel! Yummy!

The movie was overall okay, it was up to my expectations. Nowadays, most movies tend to be lower than my expectations, some proving to be really really disappointing. What happened to all the good movies? Iron Man was the only odd one out because it exceptionally good and Indiana Jones 4 was unfortunately rather disappointing. It totally lost me when the aliens were introduced. At least Hellboy 2 had a good story flow and a healthy dose of humour. The story continued from the first movie rather smoothly and this time you can see a variety of different kind of monsters. I particular liked the "tooth-fairies"! So cute and yet so deadly. :)

The soundtrack for Hellboy 2 is so cool! It's composed by none other than Danny Elfman, the same dude who wrote for Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride and Wanted. That same distinctive dark and slightly eerie feel signature of his can be heard. I'm even thinking of getting the soundtrack CD. :)

Catch it if you haven't! If you have no clue at all about what this movies is about, check out the trailer here:
Hellboy2: The Golden Army Trailer

I watched with my blind (a.k.a. "unsighted") friend, Chee Chau. Yes! "Unsighted" people do watch movies, although I would call it more like "listen" to movies. At first I also was a bit skeptical when he told me he watched movies. Did you know that there are special DVDs available for the "unsighted" people, where they actually have voice-overs to describe the scene (not available in Malaysia though). Of course they are shows that "unsighted" people can't watch, such as Mr Bean and Charlie Chaplin because they don't speak. :P

Sometimes "unsighted" people do require some explanation because not all the scenes are verbal and it can get kind of confusing when it comes to action movies such Hellboy. But do not fear, Sandie is here! According to Chee Chau, I am very descriptive so no problem la if watch with me.
As we were leaving the cinema, I spotted something shiny on someone's seat and it triggered my curiosity. A closer look revealed them to be three coins. By then everybody had already left the cinema, so I took it (finder's keeper's). It was a mere 60 sen but I managed to partially subsidise my parking fee. Ha Ha Ha, better than nothing, right?

2 comments:

chee chau said...

unsighted people ah? that is a very interesting way to describe a blind person. all my friend love it a lot. they thing blind is to boring. yes, i love that movie a lot. come to think about it, i wonder how far have i gone away from the real story of the movie when i watch the first hellboy with out Sandie's description. hmm. who knows, my interpretation can be another movie? wooo, hang on there, subsidize, we had a good laugh about the parking right?

Sandie Chee said...

Yeah, we don't get enough subsidising so we need to find other means of subsidising ourselves. Ka ka ka ka!