Friday, July 4, 2008

Say NO to drugs!

I am sick.... I really hate feeling all weak and uncomfortable. I guess no one wants to get sick, but neverless we are only humans and even machines break down once in a while. I don't usually fall sick often because I can proudly say that my immune system is kind of strong. *grin* So what usually happens is I will feel like falling sick then next day, walaa! I feel okay and back to normal. This happens constantly so I feel like there's a constant battle within my body's defense system and virus/bacteria attacks. Come to think of it, it feels like there's a miniature Lord of The Rings battle in my body. Ha ha ha! It can get kind of tiring, that sometimes I just feel like getting full-blown sick just to end it! Ha ha ha! I guess that would be like the FINAL battle of LOTR!

Nowadays, with the weather and the bad air you can easily get sick. So everyone, please please take care of yourselves. Because I always believe that prevention is better than cure!

I don't believe in taking drugs to relieve your sickness. Unless I really need to, I will stray as far away from it as possible. For me taking drugs too much increases your risk of dependency on them. One of the common drug that is prescribed by your doctor when you have a cold is the infamous "antibiotics". Did you know that the more often you eat a certain type of antibiotic, your body will actually get used to it and everytime that happens you need to increase the strength of the antibiotic? And because of this, there are mutated, stronger and probably incurable colds because those virus strains have also gotten immune to these antibiotics? So are we really improving things, or making it worse?

1 comment:

chee chau said...

hmm. interesting. lord of the rings ah? some time ago, me and a bunch of friend, always use star wars theory to talk. when some one trying to convince me to by some things, i will say, you are the dark side, i am from school of jedi, so i shoulden do what you said. hehehe. how about that.